As the theme for this year’s #Mentalhealthawarenessweek is ‘Kindness’, I have put together a list of twenty-seven acts of kindness to spark your imagination!
You have made it to day 6 of my series – thank you for being here! I so appreciate your support.
This list was inspired by the Mental Health Foundation.
Enough of the faff and let’s get into it.
- Treat a friend to a takeaway
- Donate to a local food bank
- Plant a tree
- Treat someone to a month of Netflix
- Donate to your favourite charity
- Share uplifting stories
- Call your friend
- Help with food distribution to those who can’t go to the shops
- Walk someone else’s dog if they can’t leave the house
- Volunteer to mentor in your field of expertise
- Read a story via video to children who can’t go to school
- Set up on online book club
- Clean out your closet and give some clothes away
- Tell someone you care about that you love them
- Comment something nice on someone’s post on social media
- Raise some money by doing something fun
- Plan a friend’s online murder mystery birthday bash
- Post a card or a letter to someone you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Send flowers to a friend or a family member
- Check with your neighbour if they need help with their shopping
- Help with household chores even if *it’s not your turn*
- Ask someone how they are and stay for the answer
- Organise a virtual coffee date with a friend
- Say thank you to the staff at your local shop
- Smile to a passerby – it goes a long way!
- Finally, be kind to yourself too!
Happy weekend one and all! Let me know in the comments if you try any of these acts of kindness and let me know how it felt! 🙂
If you’re struggling and need a listening ear, do consider therapy. I have put together a list of helpful resources here for you.